Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Love

Okay, so maybe I'm a little sappy and romantic. Maybe I over-romanticize every day life. But I just want to say how much I love my husband.

I love him for taking out the trash at 10:30 pm because it's trash day tomorrow and we forgot trash day last week, and the week before.

I love him for teasing me out of my bad moods instead of clamming up and getting mad at me.

I love him for working so hard at work, even when it's sometimes a crappy situation.

I love him for coming home from work and setting everything aside to play with our Babylove before he goes to bed.

I love him for helping me do the dishes after dinner while we're still talking about our days.

I love him for the way he sings Frank Sinatra songs to me at random moments.

I love him for the way he looks so handsome in dress clothes (sorry, that may be a little shallow.)

I love him for the way he falls asleep in the recliner most nights while I'm getting ready for bed, and I have to wake him up and make him go to bed.
In the three-plus years we've been married, my husband has taught me that love isn't about grand gestures or huge bouquets of roses. It's about the day-in, day-out sacrifices you make for the person you love. Love is truly a choice - a choice to react to the other's moodiness with love and laughter, a choice to serve the other by doing the mundane together, a choice to spend time together and make each other a priority.

TylerMac, Thank you for being such a wonderful husband and daddy. I love you more each day.

No comments: