I have been trying to focus on what I wanted the upcoming year to look like. When I am 80 and look back at my life, for what do I want 2012 to stand out?
I was browsing Ann Voskamp's blog yesterday and came across her new year's post. She wrote of how she likes to give each year a name, a theme. She considered "The year of no fear" for 2012 but chose something different (read her blog, you'll be encouraged and challenged!). But I kind of like that, "the year of no fear." I feel like that is what God is speaking over me this January.
No fear of health problems.
No fear of financial concerns.
No fear of family relationships.
No fear of failure.
When Tyler and I started dating, both of us had been burned in the past and wanted to pursue our relationship only if it was the right one. A scripture that God laid on my heart during that time was 1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear.
That is the verse I want to wrap myself in this year. Perfect love. God's unfailing, unchanging perfect love. Feelings of inadequacy, regret, and failure must flee in the light of God's perfect love. Fear of the future must flee.
What would you do if there was no fear? If money was not an issue? If you pursued your biggest passion? If failure was not an option?
Why don't we do those things this year? I want to love more deeply everyone that God has placed in my life, and express that love to them. I want to spend more time building forts and playing trains than cleaning bathrooms. I want to bury myself in God's word and let it take root in my soul. I want to be the wife my husband needs me to be - the one he doesn't even know he needs me to be. I want to make some incredible lifelong memories with my little family.
What do you want to do?
No comments:
Post a Comment