Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Update

So a couple days ago, I posted regarding my battle with hormones. God is so very faithful to give me just what I need, when I need it. On Monday night, I went to dinner with a couple of lovely ladies in my family - my third cousin who is my age (and growing up, we looked a lot alike) and her aunt, who was visiting from Texas. In the conversation, something came up and we got to talking, and my cousin is experiencing the exact same issues with her hormones as I have been. What a way for God to let me know I am not alone! She has been through many of the same medications and attempts to control this situation, and is just as frustrated as I am. Interesting, right?

Last night as I was reading our chronological one-year-Bible out loud to Hubs (our nightly routine), I came across this verse in Exodus 14:14 -

The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.

I feel like that was just what I needed to hear regarding this situation. It stood out to me as though it was written on a neon flashing sign. So, friends, that is what I am going to do. I am no longer stressing out about it. I am no longer seeking an answer. I am going to be still and let the Lord fight this battle for me. How precious it is to know He cares for us in such minute detail.

1 comment:

jody said...

That's so awesome! Praise the Lord for just speaking to you right where you are at! I'll be praying for your physical healing, and just that God would continue to speak to you in this time of waiting and being still. :)