Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 9

Day 9: Your favorite photograph of your best friend(s).

This is kinda tough! I have several "best" friends. I have been very blessed to have all these ladies in my life. Let me introduce you.

Photo 1: This is my BFF Lauren. She and I met when we both started working at an outpatient clinic approximately 2.5 years ago. We weren't friends instantly, but we became best buds over the 2 years we worked together. This photo was taken in May of 2009 when we went to Boston together for a continuing education course. We were only there for a very short amount of time (a Fri-Sun type thing) and after our course was over, we had a limited amount of daylight left. We went down to the West End and bought pastries from the Modern Bakery and rode the subway out to Harvard University, found a nice little place to sit and enjoy the evening, and ate our pastries. She's sitting on the steps in front of a science building at Harvard eating Boston cream pie, of course. Lovely! It's one of my favorite memories ever.

Photo 2: This is me and Charity. She's my long time friend; we've known each other since we were little girls. It's crazy how life works out that we grew up together, moved away and spent several years (before internet & Facebook were a part of our lives) without talking, and now live on the same side of the same road, 3 driveways apart, with our husbands. She's about to have a baby in June, and I can't wait! :) We love hanging out with them and they are our best couple friends. This photo was taken during the Kris Allen American Idol madness! We were at a big watch party and voting for him. FUN!


Photo 3: These are my GIRLS! Well, some of them anyway.... that's me, Kristin, Christen, Paige, & Whitney. We all lived in the same dorm during college and became best buddies. There's some more of us, too... let me see if I can find a better picture that includes everyone in the group.
Photo 4: Ahh, that's better. Kristin, Cheska, me, Jennie, Paige, Whitney, and Christen. Like I said, we (mostly) all met our freshman year of college and for the most part have kept up! I love these ladies and am honored to call them my friends. Though we may not speak every day (or week, or month for that matter!), we can still pick up where we left off and the bonds that were formed during Sunday night prayer group in our dorm room are still strong. This was in May 2008 when most of them were graduating college. I had already graduated a semester early with my bachelors', and Kristin had transferred to another college, but the other five ladies were getting their bachelors' degrees this day.

Photo 5: My wedding ladies! You'll see a familiar face among those: Whitney, my maid of honor, Kelly, me, Joelle, Kristen, & Kate. Kelly & Joelle were my OT school BFFs. We got into lots of trouble and had many an all nighter together to make it through those tough years. Kristen & Kate were my best friends through high school. Whitney (my maid of honor) and I have been friends since we were 6 years old - which makes it - wait a minute - ..... agh. 19 years. Wowzas! I love this pic of my friends because I was so very happy, and they were all there sharing the happiness with me. What you don't know is that it's about 18 degrees outside when we took this picture, and we're freezing our bootays off!

Photo 6: Last one, I promise. Lauren, me, & Tina. These ladies made my job so much fun over the 2 years I worked in outpatient. I could never love a job as much as I loved that one, and mainly because of the people I worked with. I grew and learned so much because everybody that worked with me was way more intelligent than I am and I loved soaking up the knowledge around me. I miss it every single day, but being at home with my sweet boy is MUCH more important, and I know that.
Thank you for listening to my rambling down memory lane. I hope you are all enjoying your Saturdays! We are off to Lowe's to look at some lighting options for my kitchen. I hate cooking in a dark kitchen! It's time to do something about it.


No comments: